Monday, February 03, 2014

#12daysoflove

    (Image courtesy of www.pinterest.com)

Twelve days from now, I and I (no, this is not some sort of narcissistic relationship. I is the boyfie/exercise guru/travel buddy/apple of the schoolgirl's eye) will be celebrating our second year anniversary. 2, TWO, years together. Wow. Some might say two years is just, well, two years and nothing to be all excited about. 

Well, not for me. Those two years with I has been nothing short of amazing. Why? Simply put, it's the first time I've fallen in love. And fell hard and deep I did. I is the first man I've said I love you to and meant it (I don't even remember saying it to any guy on a romantic level at all). He showed me how beautiful and liberating it is to love truly and deeply and have that love reciprocated. He makes me happy and brings out the giddy school girl in me. He is nothing short of amazing for me (feel the school girl mushiness right there?)

So, in honor of our two years together, which, incidentally (cue drums) falls on V-day (insert collective cringe here), I'm embarking on a little Christmas-inspired project with the very original title of #12daysoflove (don't forget the hashtag, of course, for purposes of social media posting).

For 12 days, starting today, I will surprise I with little and not so little reminders of the happy and beautiful memories we've shared in our two years together, the things I'm most thankful for about him and our relationship and whatever else my creative mind will come up with (good luck to the non-artist in this relationship). 

It has been quite a ride, one I'll never want to get off of. And as I, him not me, said earlier, "loving every minute of it including the times you're being difficult."

I'm one lucky girl but he's an even luckier man. ;)

     

No comments: